Thursday, October 2, 2014

PlyoJam Addict...Party of One

Oh my goodness....somehow this blog was saved in my drafts and was never posted.  So I'm posting it now because I feel the exact same way as I did when I wrote this blog on August 15th!  Enjoy!


I've been posting a few things on Facebook and talking to many of my friends about my new found love....PlyoJam.  I've been wanting to write about it for weeks now, but I wanted to have several classes under my belt before doing so, in order to feel like a legitimate PlyoJammer who could truly capture the absolute AWESOMENESS of this workout.  Today I completed class number forty in eight weeks and all I can say is WOW.  I am over the moon.  I've tried countless workout classes, bootcamps, workout routines, etc.  Nothing has captured my heart and hooked my attention like this has.  PlyoJam is a sixty minute cardio dance class set to all the latest and greatest hits (as well as some oldies, but goodies!).  The dance steps are powered and enhanced by plyometrics, also known as jump training.  Plyometrics is amazing for body sculpting and includes moves such as squat jumps and lateral jumps.  Founder and creator of PlyoJam, Jason Layden, has turned this concept into a truly inspiring and exhilarating way to burn calories and have fun while doing so!  

I was very nervous about attending my first class back in June.  Other than walking the dog, I had not done much in the way of exercise in a while.  Certainly not at this level.  Jason reassured me that with each move he teaches, he demonstrates a modified version of the move if a student isn't ready for the higher intensity moves.  That eased my fears a bit.  I walked into my first class and stood WAAAAAAY in the back.  And I'm not gonna lie...it was HARD.  Very hard.  The cardio level in this class is INTENSE and the choreography can be a bit tricky, especially as you are doing everything in your power to gasp for breath.  BUT...despite my screaming lungs and my legitimate concern that I might be blinded by the amount of sweat pouring into my eyeballs at that first class, I was HOOKED.  And now, eight weeks and forty classes later, (and 16 pounds lighter!!) I am still hooked.  And guess what??  I don't stand in the back anymore.  :)  I LOVE IT!  

I have always been someone who loves to dance, loves music and rhythm...so perhaps this method of fitness taps into that love and passion.  However, I don't think you need to be a fantastic dancer to be an avid PlyoJammer.  You just need to be willing to work hard and commit and enjoy the ride.  And I can vouch that PlyoJam will give you a major dose of happiness each and every time you go.  Jason's passion for dancing and fitness is infectious.  He has built a beautiful concept and I'm so excited for the world to get to know PlyoJam.  Furthermore, I have met some of the most incredible people through PlyoJam.  I think there is truth to dance and healthy lifestyles bringing people together in a positive way.  The people I have met through PlyoJam felt like instant family...so supportive and amazing.  This PlyoJam family started with Jason, and has been spread by amazing, loving, motivated people who want to make the world a better, healthier, happier place.  It has truly been a Godsend in my life.  Click HERE to learn more about PlyoJam, find out when and where classes are taught, and to see some awesome clips of PlyoJam in action!!  xx

 




No comments:

Post a Comment