Thursday, July 24, 2014

Almost Ready to Leap...ALMOST!

I've been an emotional wreck the last few days.  I leave for Europe in 4 weeks and although I know I'm about to embark on the journey of a lifetime, and I will experience the most incredible things...it's also VERY scary to leave everything that is familiar.  It is especially scary to do it alone.  I've altered so much in my life to do this!  I have not lived in my own condo for over a year.  I have given up my job, my salary, my benefits for a year.  I am leaving my family, my friends, my dog.  I know I'm leaving all of these things for an INCREDIBLE opportunity...but it's still scary to do so. For now, I waver between excitedly planning outings and excursions all over Europe, and minutes later curling up in a ball sobbing into my pillow, not wanting to leave all that is familiar and comfortable.  

Despite my nerves and fear, of course I will board that plane on August 23.  I will go...possibly on wobbly legs with a few tears in my eyes....but I will go.  It's not like I'm going off to war.  It's not like I'm leaving forever for goodness sakes!  Well, at least I don't think so!  Believe me, I know how incredibly lucky I am, so I am not trying to be dramatic about the whole situation.  But..I am leaving and I'm a little nervous.  However, I know life begins when you step outside of your comfort zone.  That's when the good stuff happens!  So my foot is dangling off the cliff and I'm ready to leap.  Well...ALMOST ready!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment