Saturday, February 23, 2013

Blue Table Gourmet Deli and Market

The other day I was desperately craving a deli sandwich.  I also wanted to go somewhere local where I could sit outside and enjoy the gorgeous Southern California day.  The sun was shining and I was hungry!  I decided to try Blue Table in Agoura Hills, as I have passed by it several times and have been wanting to give it a try.  Blue Table is located in the Whizin's shopping center, right next to the Canyon Club.  




  
The restaurant is actually a deli and market combined and presents a quaint European cafe style atmosphere.  The cafe offers small tables for two and longer communal tables inside, as well as sidewalk seating for those of us who love to eat with the sun on our face. It is a perfect place to dine alone or with a group of three or four people.  It may be difficult to find seating with a larger group.  The shop portion of Blue Table offers gourmet pastas, sauces, dressing and preserves.  I can see these coming together to make a fine gift basket or a special dinner at home.  The menu at Blue Table is written on a large chalkboard and boasts delicious sandwiches, paninis, pizzas, salads, soups and several tantalizing desserts that look freshly baked.  Blue Table also offers hot daily specials such as pastas and quiches.  On the day I visited, the special was Mac 'n Cheese, which was very tempting!  



Alas, I stuck with a sandwich which is what I was craving.  I ordered a tuna salad sandwich on a baguette and it was just what I was in the mood for.  Fresh, light and tasty.  Unfortunately, I only remembered to take a picture after I had eaten half.  (Did I mention I was hungry?) :)  As you can see, the portions are generous. 



To accompany my sandwich I added chips and an old fashioned orange cream soda, which hit the spot on such a warm, beautiful day!  My total came to $14, which is a bit more than you would pay for a sandwich, chips and a beverage at a chain restaurant such as Subway or Jersey Mike's.  However, the taste, ambiance, and sidewalk seating providing a view of the gorgeous hills of Agoura made the extra dollars worth it!


Overall, I had a lovely experience at Blue Table.  As someone who is forever on a quest to find delicious and unique non-chain dining spots, I was pleased with Blue Table's atmosphere, menu and flavor.  I also love that this is a perfect pit stop coming or going down to Zuma Beach.  I will definitely be going back soon to try another delicious sandwich.  Thanks Blue Table!

No comments:

Post a Comment